View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 05:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Advice maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by llhoover View Post
I need some help with finding a doctor in the MidWest region that specializes in Chiari...I was dx with a 11mm Chiari Malformation in June...My nuero dr that I have seen for migraines for ten yrs left 1 month before this so I am left with nobody...I went to a new Neuro dr that was a horrible, all she wanted to tell me was that I didn't have MS (thankfully) and give me medicine to help me sleep...she blamed all my symptoms on the possibility of my Topomax that I take for the migraines...I then went to a NS who was a little better but he said that after doing 2 more MRI's that I didn't have a syrinx and I would never develop one and to go on with life and not worry about anything!!!!! Are you kidding me!!! When I was dx with this I was so relieved (which sounds weird) to finally have some answers to how I have been feeling...I almost felt like a hypochondriac b/c I was complaining about soooo many things about how I feel...If anyone knows of a good doctor that specializes in this I really need to see one...I'm tires of the ones who look at you like it's no big deal!!!
I just recently moved out of the metro KC area where I was told by neuro after Neuro I was either a drug seeker, my herniation didn't warrant surgery, or they didn't specialize in it. I did find a clinic in Aurora Colorado that specializes only in Arnold Chiari but never followed my gut. If that is too far you might want to consider checking into via internet and phone research the Diamond Headache Clinic in the Chicago area.
Newsurvivor2015 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote