View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 09:01 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveewonder View Post
Hi, I didn't have a bypass. I had massive blood clot several years ago. My TOS is because of a broken collarbone and hardware that was put in. They did put a stent in because the vein was so damaged but of course that broke. The arm is pretty functional. It gets tired quickly. I have massive pain often but that is from the nerves not the vein. I work at a desk. I even go to the gym but I use machines for weight training. The bloodflow is low in the area but the collaterals have taken over a lot. Not sure if this helps you but for me the vein isn't bothersome it is the nerve pain.
Thanks eveewonder

I appreciate the response. I'm pretty much in the same position. You had your collarbone fixed and I didn't. Both ended up doing the same thing. Causing compression in that area. I have very large arms and shoulders. My arm is weaker but I can deal with it. I don't have pain that often but Tylenol pretty much takes it away. I do get some discoloration when I use it more than usual but I don't have the swelling I use to have in it. My collaterals have taken over a lot and if I'd lose some weight, I'm sure it would be better. I can say that I scared to try the vein bypass. Go through all the surgery and still have the same issue. I do wear a compression arm sleeve. It helps. I don't get the tight ones. They actually do more harm than good. My vascular surgeon did tell me that a stent was useless in that area. So, I didn't have to go through having to try one. I have read they have some newer, stronger stents coming. Ones made especially for larger veins and are more compression resistant.

Its good to know that, long term, having a occluded vein can be dealt with. I pray you find help with your pain. Thanks for sharing!!! I really appreciate it.

P.S. I have been told that I probably needed to have the mid section of collarbone removed. The ortho that told me that, didn't offer to do it. In fact, he pretty much didn't want to deal with me at all.
sundance_15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote