View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 10:31 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

The original OS office called to see how I was doing and scheduled me for a possible incision and drainage on Monday (under anesthesia). I went to my PCP and she checked my temp (I wasn't running one) and she checked the skin color and made sure it wasn't hot and everything. She said it definitely wasn't cellulitis, she thinks it's an abscess but she said it wasn't really behaving like one. My lymph nodes are swollen on my right side so she was thinking it might be an aggravated lymph node, but obviously there was a presence of infection so she felt I should have an MRI so she could see exactly where the lump is. She said there's a lot going on in that area, salivary gland, lymph node, jaw bone, etc. and she felt an MRI would provide a much clearer picture than an x-ray. I haven't decided if I want to do that just yet.

Ymelissa1fish: you bring up a really good point because my other bottom wisdom tooth had the nerve wrapped around it and that OS had a really difficult time extracting the tooth. I'm going to ask my OS about the possibility of a tooth fragment still being in there when I see him on Monday. Sounds like you had a really rough time, as well!

I really think once the lump is drained, I will feel so much better. It's the source of the pain, and even my extraction site is almost healed up now, I think there's just a build up of pressure in my cheek. It's like I have a golf ball on my jaw. When OS 2 attempted draining it, I had a bunch of tingly sensations in the numb area of my lip, so I think the inflammation is aggravating the nerve, which is making this so painful. I'm just so ready to eat normal food again, lol! Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!
kmd1019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote