View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Believe View Post
Finally got in to see a PCP after relocating from TN to IL. Explained everything that was going on since my fractured patella in Sept. 2013; diagnosed peroneal nerve palsy April 2014; pain; numbness; tingling; swelling; etc.
She said "I'm leaning towards RSD due to all your symptoms and history of surgery/injury but I would like to have it confirmed by an ortho." Ordered gabapentin for now; will add amitriptyline in 2 weeks; no pain management referral because she wants to see if the gabapentin/amitriptyline helps enough. Told me "Don't expect miracles. I can't promise functional return."
I had zero achillies reflex; zero plantar reflex; not sure what patellar reflex tested as because she knocked me several times there.
From my little bit of research on RSD/CRPS, I believe because of the diagnosed nerve damage it falls more towards CRPS and I need to see someone with more experience in both diagnoses...anyone with more information/experience in this? What say you??
CRPS is the same syndrome as RSD. I saw your post on SSDfacts and then saw this post...
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Always_Believe (02-06-2015)