Thread: It's a start...
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 09:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Believe View Post
Finally got in to see a PCP after relocating from TN to IL. Explained everything that was going on since my fractured patella in Sept. 2013; diagnosed peroneal nerve palsy April 2014; pain; numbness; tingling; swelling; etc.
She said "I'm leaning towards RSD due to all your symptoms and history of surgery/injury but I would like to have it confirmed by an ortho." Ordered gabapentin for now; will add amitriptyline in 2 weeks; no pain management referral because she wants to see if the gabapentin/amitriptyline helps enough. Told me "Don't expect miracles. I can't promise functional return."
I had zero achillies reflex; zero plantar reflex; not sure what patellar reflex tested as because she knocked me several times there.
From my little bit of research on RSD/CRPS, I believe because of the diagnosed nerve damage it falls more towards CRPS and I need to see someone with more experience in both diagnoses...anyone with more information/experience in this? What say you??
After reading your post I say it does sound like CRPS. If that's the case I'm sorry to report that there's no known cure. Only medicating the symptoms to manage the pain.
Your doc is on the right track only I also take Cymbalta as well as Gabapentin and Amitriptyline. That cocktail works fine for me and keeps me from going the opiate route.
Best of luck to you finding relief...
Russell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Always_Believe (02-07-2015)