Thread: It's a start...
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 11:45 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
After reading your post I say it does sound like CRPS. If that's the case I'm sorry to report that there's no known cure. Only medicating the symptoms to manage the pain.
Your doc is on the right track only I also take Cymbalta as well as Gabapentin and Amitriptyline. That cocktail works fine for me and keeps me from going the opiate route.
Best of luck to you finding relief...
I think one of our first steps is ruling out a new knee injury (last ortho suggested that possibility in July, but haven't been able to get into a doc for an MRI) as well as ruling out DVT. While I had some significant swelling/discoloration/pain when I was on a cruise (celebrating my youngest daughter's HS graduation...expecting I would have been fully recovered when I booked it), and ship medical did a d-dimer test that was negative, nothing excludes a DVT like a venous doppler flow study My new PCP wants that stuff evaluated before doing much more treatment. I only hope no one wants to do another EMG/NCS...that about set me over the edge!!!! Maybe I can get some meds to perform that
Always_Believe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote