Thread: It's a start...
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 02:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
SS will not ever request you undergo a FCE. They will also not request your docs fill out RFC forms. (RFC forms WERE part of the application in the past.) You can submit this information nevertheless. I don't remember SS having a "function report". They do request information about your "Activities of Daily Living" though. http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/res...ily-living.htm

I was confused, btw! I thought your denial letter was after an ALJ hearing. Sorry about that. Some of my earlier posts don't apply now! The Grid Rules will likely come into play if you end up at an ALJ hearing.

It was unlikely for you to be approved at the first stage because you don't meet an Impairment Listing. In theory, the adjudicator can rule in your favor if your impairment/s "equal" a listing.

Have you read the Blue Book? If not, THIS SHOULD BE THE PLACE YOU START: http://www.ssa.gov/disability/profes...ltListings.htm
Okay, what is an RFC? And how do I go about that? How do I get my doc to fill out an FCE? Is that form available online to download?

From my understanding of my denial letter (from initial app), I do meet one of the impairment diagnoses. Just was not evaluated to prevent me from SGA (most likely due to not enough information regarding my functional limits). I never got anything specific to ADL's, only what was on the initial app. And now I have 2 more diagnoses to add.

As for the Function Report, I found it online when looking into the reconsideration/appeal procedure. I downloaded it and have been working on filling it out/re-filling it out/going over every little thing I can/cannot do. I think I read where ssa used to send it out regularly with work history report. Perhaps they still do but did not feel it warranted in my case due to the omission of functional capacity in the documents they received.
Always_Believe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote