View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 06:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So glad to hear about the US. I'll keep you in my prayers for an easy road on Tuesday. My mom was an RN, so growing up, our house was triage central. I don't have the stomach to be a nurse but I grew up with the lingo so am pretty good with medical speak. (I can talk the talk but that's the extent of it!) I greatly admire nurses for all the things they do. A good nurse is an angel in a uniform.

I hear you about needing an advocate. My mother in law has been in the hospital more than she's been out this past six months (CHF, end stage COPD, A-Fib, ITP) If it wasn't for family she wouldn't have made it a couple of times.

My MS has been behaving nicely in spite of chaos. I take LDN and for me it was life changing. Took away the heat intolerance, which was my longest and worst symptom. A little over a year ago, Grave's Disease came to visit, but once diagnosed, (waited until I literally couldn't function before going to Dr - T4 Free was 82). That is also behaving and expected to go away entirely. Lesson learned... Did I mention I hate going to Dr's and hospitals?

There was a period of a few months when I was only taking LDN sporadically. That's when the thyroid problem came up so I'll always wonder if that's what let it creep in. Life got super hectic and I was falling asleep before I remembered to take the LDN more often than not.

Let us know how it goes with your procedure.

C
CarolM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote