Thread: It's a start...
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 02:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
I would suggest at least contacting Allsup, and requesting they review your case.

Done!

I understood the RSD/CRPS diagnosis is new, but it wasn't even suspected before? It's not enough to simply add new diagnoses. SS is going to want to see that you have pursued treatment for these issues, and that regardless you are unable to return to work.

This confuses me a bit but what I believe you are saying is the lapse in seeing an MD is my downfall. So the fact that I could not afford an MD until such time as I did see one (and received the diagnosis at that visit) will not really come into play with my appeal...???

You would discuss amending your AOD with your attorney before the ALJ hearing. He or she would have it as an option if it appeared you had little chance of a Fully Favorable decision at the hearing. Or you could start a new application when you turn 50.

With a new app after I turn 50, would I have the same AOD as it relates to my original app?

No, your doctor does not have the forms. I linked to them earlier in the thread. There is more than one version and SSDfacts likely has them at their site as well. I personally highly encourage you to discuss a FCE BEFORE requesting your doc fill out these forms--especially a new doc.

Found the RFC forms (). Still confused about the FCE. Whom do I request that from? Is there a form I missed for that?

I was simply giving an example from info you had posted. SS expects medical documentation that you've been pursuing treatment for conditions most have a good chance of recovery from. You pursued surgery and then received a diagnosis of RSD/CRPS, so they'll now want to see extensive documentation of your pursuing treatment for it.

Again, as referenced above, my lapse may be a problem here. Even though I DID continue treatment as I could afford to...albeit with a lapse.

I don't think starting a new application will help at this time. You might want to take the full 60 days to file the appeal to give you time to add new evidence, but understand the likelihood is very small for you to be approved at this stage. You need to plan on spending the next year focusing on your care and learning about SSDI, and when you eventually receive an ALJ hearing, if you are not well enough to work by then, then hopefully you'll have enough evidence for a Fully Favorable decision. If not, you can consider amending your AOD to your 50th bday (or if the ALJ agrees, have the lower standard up to 6 months before that.)

Got it!
I am feeling so alone on so many fronts here and I appreciate your help so much! I almost feel like understanding the SSDI stuff is going to require way more work than my care (we have already come up with some solutions, but I am terribly worried my daughter-who has been my biggest help-will run off with her boyfriend who is of the mindset that I "can do stuff when I want to.
Always_Believe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote