Thread: the worst
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 03:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bobby,

I'm sorry you're in this situation. I've had TOS for nearly 13 years, with unsuccessful surgery 10 years ago. I feel horrible now so can't type much, but I just wanted to say that the hardest thing, and the most important, is to try to not spin out into what this means for the future.

I was 40 when I got TOS, an active attorney with a four year old. It's been hard to lose so much of who I was. I miss swimming and playing softball, and being able to be a playful, physical mom and a worker. It has been a bummer; it is a bummer.

But I try to make peace with the reality of my life now, while still trying to identify ways that I might get better -- even in small ways. It's a tricky balance.

You are very new to this even though it probably feels like it's been going on forever. Can you tell us whether you had an injury, a cervical rib, neuro or vascular problems, etc? Many people can recover with rest and appropriate PT. In my opinion, it's really important to deal with this in the early stages. It gets harder the longer you've had symptoms.

I'm glad you found your way here.

Take care,
Kelly
kellysf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote