Thread: It's a start...
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 04:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post

If you are still on crutches and can not walk without them, that MIGHT be a game changer for a faster approval.

I'm on crutches on & off (has been more 'on' lately...)

You ask your doc if he or she feels a Functional Capacity Evaluation would be appropriate. If you undergo a FCE, the doc or pt will generate a report showing the results.

Calling PCP for my 2 week follow-up in the morning. She didn't want to sign my physical form for school, so I'm not sure how the FCE topic will go. However, I am also calling my ortho to check on my referral status. Possibility to have ortho perform the FCE? Or better for PCP?

It is an incredibly difficult process. I don't mind contributing if I can help.

You have helped so much already! I cannot thank you enough for holding my hand through this process. Hopefully, I will get on top of this and be able to let go...(think Frozen...lol)

Your daughter is probably just as likely to kick her bf out. How would he react if she has to face a devastating illness at some point? (I'm not sure I'd bring this up to her, but you get the point.) It is intrusive to be dependent financially and physically on anyone...

Except the thing is, he's a frickin RN...what a joke! I actually did talk to her about that a little bit. Trying to get to the bottom of why I'm getting attitude & my needs being left unmet (like once/week showers..eww). I realize her position is not an easy one & am really trying to reduce anything/everything that seems to fall on them.

Be active about your treatment--both physical and mental. Go to a pain psych doc to help learn some strategies in coping with a permanent disability. Get food stamps if you're able (or food banks) and research any other financial programs you might qualify for. Do things to help around the house when you're feeling at your best. If it means getting up for 5 minute intervals to make dinner to help out, or fold laundry in bed, or make cookies as a surprise--great. You might want to check to see if there are any local housing options you might qualify for--even with long wait lists, it might be a good idea long term.
Own my home outright (property taxes are h3ll though), currently receiving food stamps and medicaid. As for doing stuff...this is where I am struggling the most. If I do anything longer than 15 minutes or multiple 15 minute sessions, I am in INCREDIBLE pain and about useless for 1-2 days following a day with that kind of physical activity due to the general pain, the burning and loss of function (I have no idea what my lower leg is doing or how to control it). To be fair, I did do a lot more when I had narcotics on board (or in a bottle to take at the end of the day) but of course, my PCP does 'not do narcotics' and refused a PM referral until it can be determined if the gabapentin/amitriptyline combo works...which by my math is not for another month. Maybe ortho will accommodate that end (if an ortho can even write a referral for PM)...or I will simply insist. Period.
Always_Believe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote