View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Believe View Post
Own my home outright (property taxes are h3ll though), currently receiving food stamps and medicaid. As for doing stuff...this is where I am struggling the most. If I do anything longer than 15 minutes or multiple 15 minute sessions, I am in INCREDIBLE pain and about useless for 1-2 days following a day with that kind of physical activity due to the general pain, the burning and loss of function (I have no idea what my lower leg is doing or how to control it). To be fair, I did do a lot more when I had narcotics on board (or in a bottle to take at the end of the day) but of course, my PCP does 'not do narcotics' and refused a PM referral until it can be determined if the gabapentin/amitriptyline combo works...which by my math is not for another month. Maybe ortho will accommodate that end (if an ortho can even write a referral for PM)...or I will simply insist. Period.
You shouldn't be prescribed pain meds for a month to determine a baseline. I get it's tough.

If all you can manage is 5 minutes ata time, once an hour or every four hours, so be it.

I got the impression you were living in your daughter's home? Is your home sitting empty? You might consider renting it out if that's the case.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote