Thread: It's a start...
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 10:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

My frustration comes and the conflict happened as a result of multiple attempts to find workable solutions for everyone. She wouldn't say a word. I KNOW she is sacrificing and I don't want her to. Certainly not for as long as she has. The plan was to get things done enough for her to get a job & start school, etc. Between the two of them, not much gets done on any given day, including but not limited to the assistance I need personally. The real conflict began when he decided to get stuff for a built in closet system for the room they are in...no real plan with it...just because he wanted to. Because I tried to get them to develop a plan with it, since it was a built in system and they wouldn't be taking it with them, he got bent out of shape. A few days later, they announce they are leaving for TN for a few days and left. I had no help whatsoever or any time to get anyone to change their plans to be able to help. Fine. I dealt with that the best I could and when they got back we discussed the position I was put in. Flash forward 6 weeks, he announces they are going to leave early to TN/FL for a wedding (I had my son coming for a few days but he works FT & goes to school but hadn't planned on 10-14 days). That was when she & I had conversation about commitment/reliability. That's also when we came up with some methods to help me be more independent (I'm terrified to take a shower by myself; we took the handrails off the stairs to put them on the other side so I had a handrail all the way down the stairs-they're still not back on yet & that was 3 weeks ago). I am going to be looking into some kind of helper service because I cannot place total dependence on to my daughter.
Always_Believe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote