View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 01:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Multiple Concussions - MTBI - PCS - PTSD Recovery - Please Help

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I've suffered my fifth or sixth concussion in 18 years this last October in an assault incident. I've healed ok, no injury on the ct although I'm having an extremely hard time almost 5 months later.

I've been drinking the whole time for pain, can't sleep, can barely work. Every time I get around too many people I get irritated fast. I'm having a lot of trigger issues, more lately it seems.

I don't want to eat behavioral enhancing drugs but think I need to see a psych, my Dr. Advised it but I don't think they can do anything.

I'm eating alot of vitamins everyday and trying to stop drinking but it's very hard. Some weeks I can barely make it and need the whole weekend to rest.

I'm trying to rest as much as possible but things just seem to be getting worse.

My primary said I have severe PTSD. I feel ok sometimes.

Is this going to last forever? Will I ever fully recover? How do I tell my family and my daughters if my personality or behavior is permanently affected? Is there anything holistically or naturally that I can do to help my brain heal and help me stop drinking?

Much appreciated.

MTN
mnila1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote