View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 01:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Update from oral surgeon visit

Bryanna,

I went to see oral surgeon as we discussed. I told him of the pain on the right side of my face and that bite guard helps some but does not address soreness in mouth. He did not take x-ray of my teeth to evaluate condition of other teeth, said all looks good, and suggested I use a bite guard if it helps. He said "I believe you are in pain but there is nothing medically or scientifically I can address." So irritating when you don't know what to do and you don't get the help you should because someone has decided nothing is wrong.

It has been 2 months since tooth extraction and I have a bony lump on the gum on top of the extraction site. When I run my tongue over the spot, it is sore. I have read about bony fragments. I wonder if this is what I have.

1. Is it common to get bony fragment on gumline on top of the extraction site? The lump does feel smaller than it was a month ago but it is still sore and I am still having some neck discomfort. Can this irritation cause pain in face and jaw?
2. My chiro says neck discomfort could be from jaw/c1 vertebrae connection as the c1 atlas doesn't seem to want to stay in place. Could this be from inflammation? bloodwork doesn't show any inflammation markers so doctor thinks all is well, but I know I still have headaches and neck discomfort. I have no swelling, no fever.
3. Also could neck discomfort be from healing of bony fragment? How much time should I allow for this?
4. I do have stomach discomfort, not sure if it is from pain or from irritated stomach from antibiotic therapy. I have also read about tooth meridians and tooth 3 is connected to stomach so I wonder if there is some connection there as well?
5. Lastly I wonder if there is vagus nerve involvment as I have had the stomach and heart and neck connections which can all have vagus involvement. Heart rate is getting better when I treat stomach irritation (taking digestive enzymes). Any suggestions on how to get a proper diagnosis?

Thanks Bryanna.
muffie7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote