Thread: Feeling lost
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 03:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8 View Post
I have TN and I'm on Carbamazepine. Unsteadiness might be from the med but I doubt the other symptoms would be attributed to it. Also, ibuprofren shouldn't help with the face pain if it's typical TN. I think an MRI of the brain should've been ordered by your GP. I know you're scared and feel helpless; I know all about that. But unfortunately the only thing to do is the next step. I don't know your age/insurance/financial status but maybe you can call the GP and have him order an MRI -- or at least ask why he didn't in the first place. This way you can have the results in hand to bring to the neuro appt. It beats waiting and gives you something productive to do in the meantime.

And don't do too much symptom surfing; it will only worsen your anxiety.
Thanks. I don't think it's TN. Symptoms don't quite match as typical, carbamazapine didn't help with pain, and ibuprofen definitely helps. I'm 37 too so TN unlikely at my age!

Discontinued Carbamazapine and it made no difference to facial pain which tbh is no longer a big issue right now - ibuprofen has it under control. Main thing now is tingling, numbness in hand. Other symptoms still there but hand is worst problem as it is quite disabling day to day. (On plus side my left hand becoming nifty of necessity!)

Going back to GP tomorrow for another looksee.
Am in UK so insurance not an issue - God bless the NHS.
Ariadne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote