View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 06:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I went to two hearings. The first was your worst nightmare....it lasted all of about 15 minutes. The judge thumbed through my medical records, looked at me and said denied. He looks healthier than me.

The attorney brought up the medical records, and then said that even the social security doctor agreed about being disabled. The judge then said, he isnt accepting the medical records as evidence....denied. It was over just like that.

The second one was a bit longer, maybe 45 minutes. It was a 2 1/2 year wait to get it, but well worth the wait when you cannot work. The judge asked me what I was doing here? I didnt have an answer, so I said I cant work, and have to be here.

She smiled and said....you shouldnt be here because you got railroaded the first time. Then she asked me when did I become disabled....be honest she says. I told her in 2000 when I was hurt, but continued to try and work for another year and a half. Then she asked what date did you stop working. I told her, and she set the disability date to that date....which was a couple of years before I even applied for SSDI.

She asked everyone if they objected, and her assistant said they dont usually go past the application date, and the judge cut her off and said the date stands.

I dressed just like I do everyday....nothing special. All I can say is ......dont give up if you are truly disabled and cannot work.

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (02-09-2015), LOOKIELOO (02-14-2015)