View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 08:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenng View Post
I can offer you empathy; they *suspect* my neuropathy has an autoimmune cause. My bloodwork is mostly negative, however. So it's symptom management for now. I did find that amitriptyline, 50 mg at night helped me sleep by calming the worst of the twitching and nerve "zinging" pain. I am just now starting neurontin.

I'm reading Dr. Terry Wahl's book about diet & MS. From an autoimmune standpoint it's making sense. The changes are quite drastic for me. ;-) I love my gluten and sugar.
Hi Jenng,
Yes, I have that book and do eat almost paleo anyway. I still eat corn and rice sometimes though. I'm getting ready to eliminate them for a while since I'm still a mess. Six months ago when the shooting pain started in my shoulders and hands, I went cold turkey completely gluten free.
I don't have digestive issues, but my minerals are low and with a very high ANA, I'm not messing around with a food that is known to cause nerve damage and malabsorption in some people. I'm a holistic health coach and I recommend to any clients with any physical or emotional ailments to do an elimination of gluten, dairy, eggs, sugar, and soy for a month and see how they feel. Then each week, add only one of the foods back at a time.
Since gluten is a scientifically proven cause of gut and nerve damage, it is the first to go. It sounds hard, but after the first 2 weeks of withdrawal, you would be fine. It is so much harder than it seems and what if it was the culprit?
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jenng (02-10-2015)