View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 02:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mat,
The VectraDA test is a blood test that measures 12 different protein markers in RA disease.

My RA is right now acting up, and I just had X ray of shoulders today. Wrists,hands full of swelling with Synnovitis. Saw my rheumatologists yesterday.
So I do not know where my test scores would be if it was taken today.
This is really the first big flar up that I have had since diagnosed.

My SFN also goes in flares, has been worse than right now.

I have dry eyes, and just had the Schirmer's test done with positive for Insuficient tear production.

It is my rheumatologist that is taking care of a lot of SFN symptoms for me. She reads the neurologist"s notes. She also a lot of times " treat the patient, not the lab results" sort of say. She has been ordering all tests in the book, and I mostly have negative tests. I do have positive ANA.

I have a couple of different neurologists, one local, and one at the university hospital medical school that specializes in neuropathy. The last is the one who diagnosed SFN. He, also, just as your doctor, at first said that I did not need any skin biopsy. " I know you have SFN" he said. So, I think a lot of time the real good knowledgeable doctors know what they are dealing with. Then we have the aspect of insurance, where a diagnostic test result is needed for an objective verification of medical necessity.
Also bear in mind, my understanding is that getting diagnosis and understanding of neuropathy is rather new within medicine.

thanks for reading
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote