View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 09:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclelops View Post
It is so hard to find a rheum interested in neuro. I just saw one last week but wouldn't you know she is leaving the state.

Autoimmune diseases almost all end up linked to some kind of neuropathy, even psoriasis has been linked. A neuro may be more likely to use monoclonal antibodies, IVIG or plasmapheresis to help you with your SFN, especially with a documented autoimmune disease.
Thanks for this Cyclelops. I don't know many people who have RA like mine that is mainly affecting the peripheral nervous system so much more than the joints. I use an RA forum often and although it's a systemic disease the main focus is usually on joint pain or drug intolerences or both.

Presently my stomach is doing the same as my feet, ankles, shins and knees and I'm horridly gassy with a permanemt gnawing sensation in my upper gut just like the one in my legs. I feel instinctively that this is part of the neuropathy but haven't a clue how to get this added into my autoimmune profile. If I go to the doctor they just call it gastritis and give me more Omaprezole - which helps at two a day - but not enough.

I'm still waiting to hear what the neuro has to say a month on from my tests. My GP says he must be still waiting for the results of the serum blood tests. It is rather frustrating when I am feeling so ill.
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote