View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 07:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisongrrl View Post
I used to be an elite level cyclist and would get in the gym to lift heavy. That part of my life is over due to this SFN. When it first came on last year, I couldn't even unload the dishwasher without having to go lay down in the middle of the job. Over several months, I started walking laps in a gym pool. I've now worked up to water aerobics 3x per week (I'm, by far, the youngest one in that class). Even then, I have days where I wake up and clearly I haven't recovered from doing little the day before. It's very hard emotionally to go from being a tremendously physical person to being able to do very little each day. I completed understand your frustrations.
I know what you mean about the dishwasher. The pain of such a simple task would make me nauseous and take my breath away. I actually couldn't do it for 4 months with out taking breaks in between racks. I can do it as of last month although its still painful. I could not even whisk a few eggs or chop vegetables until now with out excruciating pain and weakness. I can chop again but have to pace myself. That is also incredibly frustrating because cooking is a huge part of my life.
To be on the positive side though.... if there were things we could not do and now there are things we can, maybe we are getting better? When I look back there were things I could absolutely not do that I can now. I couldn't drive for almost 4 months because of the dizziness and my arms couldn't even turn the steering wheel. Now I can on most days. I am far from my normal self but things are not as bad as they were. The improvement day by day is almost imperceptible, but month by month there is something happening. It seems like I take two steps forward and one step back quite often with this bizarre thing. I slept last night and was only woken up by my 4 year olds nightly visit. How refreshing that was vs being awoken from pain.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (02-24-2015), madisongrrl (02-11-2015)