View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 08:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpsspoonie12 View Post
Hey fellow Spoonies,

I am new to this whole chronic pain thing and so far I can tell that this is going to be an interesting experience in my life. The question I have for you guys is how do you not get terrified over the possiblity of your rsd\crps spreading? I got crps about a year ago and originally it was only in my right arm, but now I can feel it in my right shoulder and hand. I have read in multiple places that CRPS can spread to other extremities. Are there any tips that any of you can give me as to how to deal with it starting to spread? the fact that its spread to my shoulder and hand is really scaring me. Thank you for your help.
Welcome to the forum! Sorry for the circumstances.

Sure CRPS can spread. But it doesn't always spread. It does seem to have a mind of it's own.

I've been taking 500 MG of vitamin C daily. Some people in the know have recommended this and as the body processes vitamin C quickly, this amount is certainly safe. Others take more, but I take 500 mg.

Are you keeping your affected areas moving? What meds are you taking?

I firmly believe that a "multi-disciplinary" approach to CRPS is absolutely necessary. I use my podiatrist (CRPS is in my foot), my GP, my pain management doctor, my chiropractor and I practice meditation and yoga to help with pain. Just got a TENS unit, which I am giving a 2 month trial.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote