View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 08:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchlake View Post
Welcome to the forum! Sorry for the circumstances.

Sure CRPS can spread. But it doesn't always spread. It does seem to have a mind of it's own.

I've been taking 500 MG of vitamin C daily. Some people in the know have recommended this and as the body processes vitamin C quickly, this amount is certainly safe. Others take more, but I take 500 mg.

Are you keeping your affected areas moving? What meds are you taking?

I firmly believe that a "multi-disciplinary" approach to CRPS is absolutely necessary. I use my podiatrist (CRPS is in my foot), my GP, my pain management doctor, my chiropractor and I practice meditation and yoga to help with pain. Just got a TENS unit, which I am giving a 2 month trial.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!
Hello birchlake,

I havent heard yhe vitamin c thing before, i will definitely try that. I am definitely keeping my affected areas moving. So far I'm not on any meds. After I went to the ER I was on oxicodon for a little bit, but now I am not on that anymore. My doctor has recommended to try this medical marijuana patch thingy. I want to research it a bit more before trying it. I just started seeing doctors for this recently because no one really knew what it was until about 2 months ago, even though I've had it for a little over a year. What is a TENS unit? I don't really like yoga, it frustrates me haha. But I am taking ballet right now. As far as meditative stuff I usually listen to music, usually classical when it is a bad flare day, but sometimes the vibrations of the music can hurt. I also try to read to get my mind off of it.

Thanks for the support!
crpsspoonie12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote