View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 10:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwall View Post
Well, ok I suppose I should write the major changes down somewhere! Ten treatments of 40 planned treatments into it:

Aside from the 90% improvement in dizziness (which is huge for me), I'm also noticing way less clumsiness. For the first time in ages, there are no bruises or cuts on my hands and arms now that I don't clumsily slam them into things like cabinets while putting away dishes. I'm also feeling sharper mentally, at least as much as the 2400 mg of gabapentin/neurotin a day will allow. I can kind of tell the difference in the gabapentin induced "stupids" versus the normal loss of cognitive abilities I feel I've experienced.

My pain relief is overall better, but it's been up and down for some reason. They say you can hit a wall where things get worse before they get better as nerves and vessels try to heal. So I should reserve comment on that one for further into the treatment. I've had migraines for years, something HBOT may help with. But I'm still having them at this point. And still no reduction of swelling, which is very bad in my case.

So there's the most objective report I can give right now. I hope this helps somebody. I continue to believe HBOT is a good, none-invasive alternative treatment for this disease. It may not work for everyone. There are probably different forms of and causes for CRPS. Perhaps this is the reason for so many different responses to different treatments. I have CRPS type 1, with no known inciting cause physically. It started abruptly with a swollen ankle the day I went to divorce court after my husband of 32 years left me. I'm now one year, ten months into it. I was diagnosed just over a year ago about nine months from the start of it.

Anyway, I feel hopeful!

Denise
finger crossed for more progress...thinking of you and all the sufferers of this disease...all my best!!
bluekrikit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote