View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 11:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Husband with TBI. Poor me?

Sadly new to this site resulting from a collosion my husband had late October resulting in a TBI. After three months of being hospitalized and rehab 1500km away from our home we are finally home. For three months I was on an adrenaline high to stay strong. His survival was the first hurdle, then waking up, then the major hurdles once he woke. Now that we are home and he is physically well I am a puddle. I am a puddle in private. I feel guilty about this. How can I be depressed or embarrassed about my husbands cognitive skills when I am so happy he is alive? I put me at the very bottom to ensure my husband and kids are number one. That's okay and is necessary right now, another form of strength. I know it cannot last long. I feel guilty complaining that I have not slept through the night since October 28th, or that I have gained weight since I am an emotional eater (apparently) or that I have done nothing for myself besides daily personal hygiene. How can I complain after all he has been through and continues to face? I am angry and bitter and so scared. Walking on eggshells depending my husbands mood, referring between husband and kids so they are not misunderstood and an argument surfaces. I love him. I just don't know him. Time. Time and patience....right? Thanks for the vent, trying not to feel sorry for myself.
Danika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (02-15-2015), Lara (02-18-2015)