View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 11:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Surgery Scheduled

Thanks so much for your thoughts and support. The support from friends, acquaintances and family has been overwhelming. I am one that believes things happen for a reason. Not sure right now about this situation but I am sure time will tell.

I was able to follow-up with a couple of doctors this week and get my questions answered. I was surprised they saw me so quickly. While the neurosurgeon is optimistic, there are always the unknowns. I have come to the conclusion that leaving the aneurysm alone to maybe one day rupture is not an option. I am very comfortable with the neurosurgeon and the Washington Hospital Center.

I have taken this week to spend some time speaking with the doctors and spending quality time with my family. My nerves have calmed down alot and I am finding peace with my decision. It's in God's and the neurosurgeon's hands now.

I have scheduled the surgery for Monday morning, June 18th. Since the PICA will also be coiled along with the aneurysm, my hospital stay will be for about 4 days due to potential stroking. Strokes run on both sides of my family.

I really do appreciate your feedback and positive comments. And am grateful that you are here to share your experiences and thoughts. You are now added to my prayers.
Waterfront is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote