View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 04:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattle Dog View Post
Hope your recovery is going well. I've decided to move forward with surgery. After conversation with my Orthopedic doctor here, I've narrowed it down to either Chicago or New York.

I am traveling to Chicago mid-March for a consultation. I was amazed that the surgeon in New York personally called me. He indicated there were very few surgeons in the Country that perform the EL procedure (nothing we didn't know) and that he does 5-6 per year, which I thought was pretty impressive.

My orthopedic doctor here is interested in possibly traveling to observe my surgery once I get scheduled.

I'll keep you posted.
Thanks Cattle Dog. Recovery is slow. I still have that same pain in my shoulder and upper arm. I suspect its from the accessory nerve issue and not the AVN. I'm not suppose to lift more than 2-3lbs for 3 months after that core decompression procedure but they told me to keep it moving with range of motion exercises.

That's great you are making progress. Wow 5-6 per year is good experience. You would think someone would chime in by now that has had this done. Thanks for the update and keep us posted on the progress.
Stang1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote