View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 01:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Hang On, I Think He Can Help You

wow shelley,

aren't you the one who says you're a poor reporter of sx? that was pretty darned good for someone who's so bad at that! i must say, girl.

your sx resonated with me, but i couldn't tell you why b/c i'm REALLY bad at remembering where and what part of the body and what muscle group is affected in what way and what nerve feels like it's being pressed down upon causing unbearable mind-numbing tooth-shattering pain.

i feel for you, kid. it does sound to me like time for a complete neuromuscular work-up from the good dr. shelley jordan. why don't you make an appointment with him?

what's that you say? oh, you have an appointment with him? very good! that's way good, keep tracking your sx.

this really, really sucks. i wish i had a clue what to tell you. it doesn't sound like an ortho problem to me. but i'd be hard-pressed to tell you why i think that. and maybe the spineys will have some ideas; you just never know...

it goes without saying you're doing everything you can to stay comfortable with icepacks, rest, good nutrition, lots of H20, etc., and bossing your cute husband around endlessly - try to take it easy at work, too, if you can, until you can get in to see dr. j. and do call anne every day to check on cancellations like johanna suggested, just make sure to mention yours is an initial app't and he's going to want a good block of time with you so the cancel would probably have to be for a first visit as well for that to work, i'm guessing.

and i would lay off the exercise for now. superjoyce maybe could help you with some ideas of what to do. gently, gently above all else. no MAT (martha, back me up on this). don't be a hero or a martyr. just hang loose.

oh, and i think you need some chocolate.

shelley i am so sorry this is happening. i am thinking alison paralysis must have something to do with it. she is just such a byatch. i want her gone!

alison
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote