Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 01:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I hate to say it, but no my PN is not gone. I've stayed away from posting for 2 reasons. First is I'm not sure much has changed for me in the past few months. Second is I feel I'm better off mentally if I find ways to distract myself from my symptoms rather than dwell in them. Posting may bring some baggage with it as I bring to light all the things I hate about this disease. I'd much rather distract myself.

I can echo the sentiments of many when I say that some days I feel like I'm getting better, some days it feels worse, and other times I think I'm just getting used to it.

The PN in my feet is 95% related to pressure, meaning that the pain in the soles of my feet steadily worsens when standing and tapers off fairly quickly when I sit. The other 5% is random twitching, prickling, and feelings of coldness that seem to come and go on their own.

I have been pretty good about taking better care of myself the past 3 months. Diet has gotten better with more fruits and vegetables, exercise 3-4 times a week on the bicycle, alcohol and junk food way down, and still a steady dose of supplements. I haven't noticed a significant change in pain levels with or without the above, but I feel better mentally knowing that I'm taking care of myself.

Tried capsaicin the other day because at this point I'm willing to try anything. That was a bad idea. awful burning that started a few hours after application and didn't die off until 24 hrs later. I know there were warnings from others on here about capsaicin but I had to try it for myself. I'll never do that again for what its worth.

My neurologists sucks. I told him the gabapentin wasn't working and that I'd like to taper off and try something else. He wanted me to see how I felt without the gabapentin first. I'm sick of having to suggest ideas and beg for help. Shouldn't my MD be the one to offer suggestions and help? I'd like to get off medications anyway so I'm not going to stress about not being offered an alternative to try. My next course of action may be to try and get a hold of a compound cream if I were to try a new medication.
IH8PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe Duffer (02-13-2015), MissyJ (10-25-2015)