View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 05:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-pa View Post
Know what you mean, I have "A" all over, the doctor told me that it's in both my shoulders, both my knees, my hands and my neck. I have been told there is no cure and that I should just take pain killers. But I don't want to spend the rest of my life (aged 59) on pills.
Have it all over too, neck , shoulders , elbows, wrists, fingers, big toes, ankles, knees, hips and mainly lower back, not all at once thank God!. It started after back injury 29 years ago and gradually spread, and doctors just kept giving me painkillers, which do nothing. Finally was sent for MRI in mid December, but consultant appointment is not until mid March so I have to wait until then for the results! x rays and blood tests showed nothing but GP said its definitely some type of arthritis. Its looking like Ankylosing Spondylitis as that ticks all the boxes. In constant severe pain, and lately my back keeps going from under me with a sharp pain. Some days I can hardly walk, when I sit down I need help getting up, Im absolutely exhausted. I dont like taking tablets all the time because theyre not even working, Im 45 by the way and feel like 85!
ymp35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote