View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie View Post
I hear you on how frustrating psoriasis can be! I have it all over and, like your husband, also have a vitamin D deficiency, one that is less than half of where it should be. My nurse told me that that is a big contributor in the psoriasis factor, and when other patients of hers get their D up, their psoriasis disappears. Unfortunately, raising the D level takes a while, as you know, and I haven't been able to get it past 25 (partially due to the fact that I don't always remember to take my pills and largely due to the fact that I live up North!). Someone on these boards mentioned that there is a vitamin D cream, and I think I will try that next. Please keep us posted if anything does work for your husband!
Hi Stephie: Well the latest thing that he is doing twice a day is applying Cetaphil Cream on it. When he first started, I thought it was working. It's been a while now. When he gets out of the shower and dries off, he applies the cream. His patches are bright red after a shower. But one thing has happened. They don't turn white anymore (probably the cream). But he sheds all over the place. All I do is sweep sweep up those scales.

I don't think there is anything else left to try. We were told it gets worse during the winter time and tomorrow it's going to be below zero here in NY with the wind chill. He's not going out and thankfully we have heat but that doesn't make it change anything. At least he's applying cream so that's good for dry skin anyway.

Take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-25-2015)