View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 04:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Artist, I pm'ed you, I would like that article please.

Betsy, again you astound me! Either you are a VERRRY old soul, or having rsd has helped make you into a superb young woman. Either way, your parents must be so very proud to have you as their daughter... I would be! My oldest son is five months younger than you, and still single <wink hint wink>

As I said in my earlier post, rsd turns one into a more cerebral person. Occasionally, one must sit still and think in order to learn and grow. Rsd certainly makes that possible, lol.

I was a perfectly healthy teenager, with a high IQ... and it basically got me nowhere, lol. I went to a co-ed international boarding school tucked away in the mountains of Utah. I had every opportunity a person could ask for.

But that did NOT mean that I (or anyone else at this school for the highly intelligent but socially inept) had an easy time of it. I went to my jr/sr prom... but with my sociology professor! I was a gifted pianist... but with hands too small to reach a full octave. I had scholarship possibilities at several major uni's... but my father wouldn't sign the apps cuz I wouldn't pick a major he approved of.

"Teenhood" sucks for everyone, as far as I can tell, lol. Some may have a hard time getting dates... others end up heartbroken (or with a baby! ) Some may have health issues and not be able to participate in sports... and "jocks" end up getting hurt and "ending their careers" before they even got started. The list is endless.

What matters, as Betsy well knows, is what we DO with the hand we are dealt.

RSDMom, I sure wish you could get your daughter together with Betsy. Your daughter needs to see that it's not only possible to overcome rsd and move forward... it's possible to do so as Betsy has, with impressive thinking, grace and dignity!

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote