View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 04:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

[QUOTE=mrsD;1123911]I'd like to say something here.

After a baby comes, sometimes the mother shows major problems with low nutrients that the baby has taken from her to develop. Especially the brain and nervous system. The baby takes enormous amounts of essential fatty acids (Omega-3's) to develop normally.

I have seen when I was working, young women who had terrible skin, peeling and redness of the face after the baby arrived.

So first off I'd suggest you take some Omega-3's generously... daily and some flax oil, too. You can do fish oil or Krill oil... 3 a day. (2 a day if the super Krill type). If you are still breast feeding you can get the Expecta for new mothers that has vegetarian DHA in it. This is over the counter. This may really help.

Also if you had antibiotics in the recent past, some Kefir to re-establish some normal gut flora, can help too. Lifeway Kefir has 12 strains of probiotic in it that can really help. Easy to find in stores now. At least 4 oz a day may help push out any Candida you may have from antibiotics.

Magnesium is helpful for those taking Omega-3's as it helps with their metabolism, as well as a modest B-complex like B-Right by Jarrow. Taking some separate B12--methylcobalamin is good too, as the baby depletes that as well. Take this once a day either 1mg or 5mg daily on an empty stomach.

Try these now, to see if they help.[/QUOTE
Thankyou all very much for your responses. Ken, you are right, I am somewhat panicked and my messages probably convey that :-( but everyones words / advice help spur me on so thank you.
I have over the past few months been to see a nutritionist and no tests were done but my diet has been exposed as being absolutely terrible and I changed this a few months ago to be veg and fruit based with fish and chicken. It didnt improve things and neuropathy then developed and progressed whilst doing this and I have lost the will to continue but will get back on the horse again.
I have ordered magnesim, alpha lipoic and will also look at B12 and omega 3.
I will also go back to my GP and discuss further testing such as ANA and ENA. My rheumy does not believe I have any other disease than spondylitis but this is cleary not the case at all. I will pursue the bloods again so thank you.
I wasnt eating great during parts of pregnancy and certainly wasnt afterwards so nutritional status prob isnt great. I did have vit d and vit B6 checked by my GP and these were apparently normal.
Not long after this all started it turned out I had a urine infection and was given antibiotics. The problem started before the antibiotics but I doubt the antibiotics helped.
Thank you all kindly.
I lie in bed dreaming this will just go away one day - it truly has transformed my life - but Im sure you all understand these feelings yourself.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote