View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 10:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default So sorry

I'm so sorry this might be spreading. I sort of hesitate to share my story as I don't want to increase your worry, but maybe it will help. I have had CRPS in my foot since July. In December it spread to my ankle. In January, it spread to my calf. Now, I'm showing early signs of it spreading into my knee. On February 2nd, I had a sympathetic nerve block. At that time, there was no sign of it in my knee. Just over a week after the block, the mottling is above my knee. I have had no new injuries. I was super hardcore about preventing spread. I'm on gabapentin and neurotonin, lots of supplements including vitamin C 1000 mg, and I tried multiple treatments including aggressive physical therapy, acupuncture, chiropractic, and therapy. Nothing has stopped the spread and no one knows why, including a leading expert in the field. I believe stress had caused spread in my case. On February 6th, I had an e extremely stressful day and the spread to my knee started after that. I have problems with meditation and I can't do many types of yoga right now, but I still highly recommend anything that reduces your stress. There are many types of yoga, so maybe try another like nidra yoga, hatha yoga, gentle yoga, or restorative yoga. Meditation doesn't have to be this transcendental thing - it can be just sitting and trying to focus on your breath, without changing it, even for 5 minutes. Starting in January, I have been trying to do these things and I see their potential, if I can just overcome my anxiety and do them. Maybe they aren't for you, but I strongly encourage you to find something. Maybe an anti-anxiety med. And I second an earlier post that medications like noritytripline are different than regular anti-depressants. They are many options, don't stop at the first one that doesn't work. Treatment is supposed to stop spread, so consider asking your doctors for more option . Gabapentin is a typical first step and I'd consider that before medical Marijuana which has less research. Research all the treatments on sites like RSDA or various books and decide what you are willing to try, then ask for that. Doctors don't always offer; we sometimes have to ask. I hope this isn't spreading for you and I hope you find relief soon.
maygin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote