View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 06:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hello,

I don't know if you meant to post on the RSD page for your issues....
However, I can say from having a swollen foot pre and post-op that the MN area nerve does not like pressure and can give an electrical feeling even in a swollen foot without MN. I experienced that sensation when I had a lot of swelling and found it worse at night and first thing AM. I think it may have to do with hemostasis changes that occur when we lay down at night. Many people find neuropathy symptoms worsen at night for this reason. Anything that addresses swelling, cool pack (not ice), elevation, Epsom salt baths for the foot as well as offloading by making a little cut out in your shoe insert may be helpful. Feel better soon,
Littlepaw
Oops sorry Littlepaw I'm still pretty new to this site and learning to navigate it. I put Morton's Neuroma in the search box and this support group come up.

Thanks for explaining about why the neuroma might worsen at night. I suppose I hadn't really seen it as a part of my neuropathy - just something that lots of people suffer from as they get older because of wearing high heels as my podiatrist explained it. Thanks for advice on methods of calming them. My toes often go white with cold and I have a lot of connective tissue overlap so I tend to just post where I think people will know the most about my various symptoms. Take care. Mat

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote