View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 07:22 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Arachnoid cyst posteria fossa

Hi I suffered from childhood epilepsy extreme for first three years of being born, with convulsions, etcetera. The last such was when I was around 9 years old, I blacked out. I never did a scan or follow up as a grown up. I am 41, as a litigation attorney I work under constant pressure, I have had occasions of migraine level headaches, visual pattern disturbance on waking from sleep states, lasts seconds and feeling of lethargy and sleepiness , lasting seconds at a time, I also get feelings of pins and needles on my scalp and neck. I eventually decided to do an Eeg and mri and turns out I have a 4.2 mm cyst on my anterior fossa and a 4.5 x 2.8 cm cyst on my posteria fossa. With no childhood scans available I am not sure of the growth rate, reading literature that says having it at posteria fossa is slightly more dangerous . I have also been reported with white matter intensities and ischemic changes. I am consulting my neurologist next week and am wondering if anyone has had similar case. In most cases symptomatic cysts are left us operated on. Has anyone had cranial fenesrtarion or a craniotomy with shunt to drain the csf / cyst. What's the hospital stay and recovery stay rate. Anxious about it all as I am the guardian of my friends mum and sister
kmnlaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote