View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 03:46 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunGames20 View Post
Hi guys, I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time, and I have a few questions and I need some advice. Firstly let provide you with some background information.

Firstly, I am 20 years old. About two and a half years ago I took a pretty hard hit to the temple. I retained conciousness and started getting quite frequent headaches and ear ringing starting a few days later. I have tried resting, living in a bubble, but the mild headaches and tinnitus are very persistent and do not seem to be going away.

I have been putting my education on hold for quite some time in hopes that it would help my symptoms improve, but they have not. I am trying to live my life in a way where I will not have anxiety, and I weigh the risk vs the rewards of all my activities.

Now I am going off to university in a couple of months (chemical engineering). I am staying in residence. I am wondering if anyone has any advice as to any strategies that will help me through this experience.

Also I have seen two neurologist's, one neurologist told me that my symptoms were not real, and the other told me that all I can do is rest. So I have some questions about what is okay and not okay to do with a head injury (keep in mind that I am a young adult)

-jogging
-sexual intercourse (sorry)
-very intense kissing

There is so much controversial research on what type of forces should be allowed on a person who is trying to recover from a head injury, I do not even know what to think.

I am just nervous that I will hurt my intellect and be unable to finish school.
very intense kissing = brain bleeds
i hope you are aware of that
bobbyr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-15-2015), thorx89 (02-15-2015)