View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 09:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I don't think the Morton lotion is available in Scotland.

Epsom salt soaks are your next best bet. The magnesium blocks the firing of the NMDA pain receptors, so it offers some relief used topically. See what you can find topically where you live or can order online in the way of magnesium creams or lotions. Sometimes they call topical "magnesium oil" but it is not really an oil, but just a very saturated liquid form.

One other name is Epsom-IT, and also Kirkman's magnesium cream.

It really works... many of us use it for pain, cramping etc.
Thanks very much Mrs D - I do have epsom salts to use in the bath but am really not sure about the quantity/ ration of salt to bath and it didn't make much difference when I used it last time. Probably quantities were insufficient.

I will see if I can buy some topical magnesium creams/ lotions online. Should I be taking Magnesium supplements too perhaps? - I do have some but haven't really tried it because I was trying to introduce B12 just now and wanted to be methodical. Mat

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote