Thread: UK News
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 05:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

As you presumably know but perhaps non-UK readers won't, all health policy, medical education and the actual delivery of all healthcare in Scotland are devolved matters so they are entirely managed, directed and controlled by the Scottish Parliament. There is nothing that Westminster MPs can do to influence any healthcare related matter in Scotland. The same is true of Wales and NI. The NHS in Scotland is a separate organisation and it is run, structured, funded and managed in a radically different way to NHS England. As a consequence, should I want to be involved in any kind of awareness raising, it wouldn't make sense for me to do that outside of Scotland.

I don't want to offend you in any way but, regardless of the geography, I personally don't agree with the various actions you have proposed so I wouldn't be able to lend my support to them. I was, though, interested in reading the specific source data that you were using to evidence the various numerical claims both medical and financial. In my professional experience of the kind of thing you are trying to do, unless you have good quality, methodologically reliable source data which you can clearly cite to evidence and justify all of the claims you make, plus the means to refute any other conflicting data, your ability to effectively lobby and influence for change, especially in an area like health policy, is inevitably extremely limited. The devil (and your potential for success) really is all in the detail.

I know from other things you have posted that you have been personally quite offended and angry when you have felt that other people in the UK with CRPS haven't supported your chosen approach or proposals. I am sorry if my opinion and inability to support your chosen approach makes you angry - I hope you will at least recognise that I'm being honest with you about my views and I am interested in the evidence base underpinning your various numbers.
Neurochic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote