View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 12:36 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonsyard View Post
Hi Everyone , I'm afraid another Lyrica thread but I feel so bad I have to. Can anyone relate to muscle problems with this drug ? Every morning I feel as if I'm turning into concrete all over. After a shower start to pull together but have muscle stiffness and trigger points mainly around neck head and shoulders . Turning head is very stiff and limited one side. It's as if any problem I've had in the past has been reawakened while taking this drug. Did try coming off but neuropathic pain returned in face worse than before. I 've been told this could be a rebound effect . Meanwhile really struggling.

Wish you well

Nick
Hi Everyone,

I have actually been taking Lyrica more for a chronic fatigue than for chronic pain. I have no diagnosis of nueropathy. I originally took it as an additional med for pain but noticed after going on and off of it that while taking it I felt great! (antidepressant effect) and I didn't crash with fatigue anymore (which was amazing!). But after taking it for 2 months (200 then 300mg after 6 weeks) I noticed that I would wake up with enormous stiffness in my lower back; could hardly get out of bed. I hadn't actually realized it was possibly the Lyrica that was doing this cause I had been doing a lot of physical work that I don't usually do (I'm 58 and sit behind a computer most of the time) but now after reading these posts I believe that it the Lyrica causing this. So I'm going to have to go off of it. Not looking forward to this as I know of nothing else that will keep me from crashing with fatigue.

I actually took an older medication called Nortriptyline at one point instead of Lyrica and I was able to lower my pain med Tramadol significantly. Don't remember how it worked with fatigue and depression though. Anyone else ever take this drug?
muzikmakur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (02-26-2015)