View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 01:31 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk Physical Problem Feeds Anxiety - Feeds Problem

I was going to try to post this last night, 15 Feb, as it was happening, but one of my 'triggers' is talking about my Anxiety so I had to avoid it and take breaks.
I have been off Arcoxia (arthritis anti-inflammatory) as part of a yearly regimen. This has made my neck very painful with referred pain in both arms.
Last evening my pain and eyes started making my head feel like an Anxiety Attack was imminent. Sweating, waves of 'greying out' - and then tightening chest pains with radiating pain down my left arm. It was SO bad I messaged my Ex to warn her I might need her. I never do this.
The pain in my chest made me more anxious, increasing adrenaline which increased the pain. I cannot take Anxiety meds because of my heart problems, GTN spray starts my TN and Cluster Headaches. Breathing techniques simply made me aware of how shallow my breathing was. I could, and did, take my heart meds and Arcoxia a couple of hours early. My Anxiety levels were feeding off my fears of my physical condition all this time. My breathing was becoming more ragged, sweating of forehead more profuse.
The meds eased the pains in my chest and neck, after a while my eyesight cleared enough to log on and distract myself reading Posts, although I was up until the early hours, too anxious to sleep.
Today my heart feels as though it's been kicked by a small horse, so the Anxiety Attack trigger WAS a physical event - microvascular in nature I expect - and my mind is 'frazzled' and on edge.
This just goes to show that Anxiety/Panic attacks can have physical AND mental triggers. Remember, if you present with chest/arm pains call Emergency - better safe than sorry. I know I didn't, but I have had a heart attack, suffer Coronary Ischaemia and Microvascular Disease and have medication in-house. If my meds hadn't worked, I would have called.

Dave.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (02-19-2015), ger715 (02-17-2015), Lara (02-16-2015)