Thread: Crps
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 02:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello again RJS,

I replied to your CRPS forum post and just saw this. Didn't realize full extent of your symptoms and question till I saw this one. I believe if you have numbness, pain and tingling after any procedure it is fair to take a look at the possibility of a nerve entrapment or injury. A nerve conduction study can check this without the more invasive EMG. Your ortho can refer out for NCS. It's at least another piece of information and rule out. Also, if you are someplace with a peripheral nerve surgeon around (usually plastics) they have tricks on evaluating for nerve entrapment via "scratch collapse" test. Entrapment can mimick CRPS, so reasonable to explore. sorry you are going through such a hard time. I went through 3 surgeries in the span of 1 year on the same foot, 9 months on crutches. Done the pool routine, etc. Recovery can be a bear! I definitely get that and the whole foot is freaking out, turning colors thing.
On neurontin, I only took that at bedtime cuz of the goofiness factor. I ended up doing better on nortriptyline, still only at bedtime. Everyone is different, it takes a while to find what works. You WILL make progress. We don't know when, we don't know how, it may come with agonizing slowness (mine has), but YES it does come. Don't give up!
Sending Healing Love, Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (02-17-2015), Lara (02-16-2015)