Thread: My Story.
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 06:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

These are interesting and heartbreaking stories. One lesson I learned is that MS doesn't burn itself out.
Sal, what a good idea to have us post stories. I know I remember the people, but forget the stories.

Here is mine:

Like many of us, I had vague symptoms since my 20s-- periodic crushing fatigue was all. At age @ 40 I got tingling in my hands, crushing fatigue, bizarre outbursts of laughter,
heaviness in pelvic zone. I asked my GYN and he replied, "What could possibly cause such disparate symptoms? " to which I said "How should I know? I thought I could tell you
and you might say, "It's the Tinkleberry Syndrome" ...

Two months before my big attack at 47, am now 63, I thought I had a bladder infex but the tests were normal. Then, my legs began to hurt and I felt like I was walking through molasses, needed a wheelchair for mall shopping. I gradually regained much of my functioning but not all.

Then it was MS Lite, just many mini flares, until 7 months ago-- wham! Legs and one arm became heavy and some spasticity. I am still trying to go into remission from that.

I took Avonex 2003-2004. In midst if injecting faulty batch, I nearly died from it causing
attack on my lungs and heart with permanent damage. So, I haven't done Meds since. I do Swank Diet and Ceylon cinnamon, rest 1-2 hours day, work only part time, swim daily, surf every week. Since my last attack, I can only stand up on smaller gentle waves. Big waves I have to lay down on or ride on knees. No big deal really.

8 weeks before my first big attack, age 47, I read that people only get MS under age 45. i shouted out to my husband, "Yay! One good thing about being 47 is I am too old to get MS" ...Dang it!
barb02 (02-17-2015), Debbie D (02-19-2015), LoveCats (02-17-2015), SallyC (02-16-2015), tkrik (02-16-2015), TXBatman (02-17-2015)