View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 12:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpperez View Post
Hello all. My name is Terri. My daughter is 16 and 5 days ago had a rib resection done at Johns Hopkins by Dr Riefsnyder. I am concerned as the numbness in her 4 th and 5 th fingers is even worse after surgery. Almost debilitating. We were expecting numbness under arm but not this. Her dr has said not to worry yet as this is not uncommon but as a mother of a child who has already been thru so much I am worried. Can anyone shed some light on this? Perhaps ease my mind. I am a nurse and not completely ignorant but TOS is not something I even knew anything about untill Sara was dx with it.
Hi Terri
I hope Sara is doing ok. Tough surgery for a young girl. I had surgery on Feb 4th at MGH with DR.Donahue. My surgery was above my collar bone. My lower arm and hand are really numb still but Dr.Donahue said because of all the manipulation of the nerves while he was cutting out scar and muscle tissue around them it irritates them. He said the numbness could take a couple of months to go away completely. There is another poster "Lisha" that had the surgery a couple of weeks before me and is doing better. You may look up the posts and contact them. I really wish the best for Sara. It is tough recovery but after all the constant pain before there is a feeling of relief being post surgery and tell her it is going to get better from here!

I will keep in touch throughout the recovery as the numbness subsides.

Scott
SD72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote