View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 12:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Pressure in the head when I sleep - help!

So I'm one year out from the original minor concussion. There were a lot of small bumps and re-injuries in the first few months after it, which compounded to make my PCS a persistent problem. I mostly am okay at rest, but can't exert myself too much.

Anyway, I bumped my head with my palm very slightly about 10 days ago, on the top/back soft spot of my head. I was washing my hair too fast and my hand just slipped and my palm lightly smacked the bald spot area of my head. I didn't feel my brain shake and didn't get any headaches or nausea, so it wasn't a big deal. But a few days later I noticed that that section of my head/scalp is extremely tender and sensitive to touch and pressure.

For the last week or two I've had difficulty sleeping. When I lay down with my head on the pillow, no matter what position (right, left, or back), the pressure builds up over time to where my head has a very full feeling. Its almost like pressing down on a bruise or something. I wake up feeling a bit woozy and foggy. There are nights when I'm able to fall asleep and dream and sleep through most of the night, but when I wake up I don't feel refreshed, and its as if I only got a few hours of sleep.

What's the deal? What is happening? Is this dangerous at all?

My theory is that it has to do with too much blood flowing to my head and not exiting properly. I have had problems with elevating my heart rate, I think for the same reason. But up until 2 wks ago when I bumped my head, I slept mostly fine.

Why would this very minor bump to the head make that spot sooo sensitive and tender and like a bruise? Why would more blood flow to my head when I lay down and mild pressure is put on that spot of my head?

My concussion and subsequent re-injuries were very mild and there was no damage whatsoever to the skull. Its like my brain can be injured with the slightest bump, even 5 months later!!!
chicagohead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote