View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 03:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiarulez View Post
I've had a similar issue ever since my injury. Feels like I'm hanging upside down when I try to go to sleep and can't get any good sleep, feel unrested and groggy in the morning, sometimes off balance and woozy.

My ear doc tested pressure in my ears and said it's high (I believe this also means my intracranial pressure is high as well), so I was prescribed diuretics to try and reduce the fluid pressure.

Been taking them for a couple of months now and I think they're helping with my overall symptoms, but I still feel about the same when laying down to go to sleep and can't get a good night's sleep.

I think the increased pressure was the reason for my head being super sensitive to any vibration/light bumps, since the diuretics kicked in, I've had a few light bumps on the head and didn't suffer any consequences as I did before. I am now able to drive on rough roads without the fear of setting things off when I hit a pothole. Also my vision issues are way better now, can usually work a full day looking at a computer screen without having to take long breaks and feeling like hell in the evening.

Now the big question for myself is the pressure going to build up again once I stop taking diuretics or it will continue to regulate on its own.

Thanks for sharing. I've been thinking for some time now that something is wrong with my intracranial pressure, its one of my half-cocked theories about why I'm so sensitive to jolting, bumps in the road, harmless taps/bumps to the head, etc. I actually had a VNG Test yesterday with an ENT (ear nose throat) doctor, where they pumped cold and hot air into my ears and had me follow moving dots on a computer screen. I get the results back later this week. Maybe they will find something about my intracranial pressure from this test, maybe not...

Since I've had some issues with my neck I'm also wondering there could be a problem with my CSF, cerebral spinal fluid. That is what creates the fluid in your brain that is supposed to protect the brain against directly knocking against the skull.

Have you ever considered that or heard anything about that being a cause of this?
chicagohead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote