View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 02:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Bryanna and anyone else reading this!
I saw my Oral Surgeon the other day for my pain, and he said, my extraction sites looked very good, but he said I definitely have issues with my TMJ, he said, the muscle (I think), was very tight, and bulgy, way more than it should be. He suggested I go see my dentist and have him make a mouth gard, as I seem to clench my teeth at night. I did notice that I do that sometimes, not a whole lot, but I wake up sometimes with my jaw feeling kind of tight. During the day, I have no problems with clenching, as I have trained myself to consciously relax my jaw and face and my teeth don't even touch during the day when I am relaxed.

Well, I have an appt. with my dentist in a few weeks- since it's a proper evaluation, they did not have any openings sooner. So, I will have to wait- and waiting kind of drives me nuts, as I imagine all kinds of horrible things that could be wrong and causing my discomfort! I think, all these dental issues and extractions in the past few months left their traces in my mind and now, I am kind of paranoid about my teeth :-/

The pain in my temple and jaw and neck has almost disappeared after using an essential oil blend on these areas for a few days. But now, it seems, all the discomfort has "settled" in my upper left jaw, kind of underneath my nose. And it feels very strange- I have this constant "full" feeling in my left upper jaw and behind that same nostril, it does not really hurt, just feels full, almost like a sinus congestion, just without the mucus, sneezing etc. I am also feeling scared that now suddenly something is wrong with my upper teeth in that jaw, as it feels kinda similar to a tooth abscess (the fullness), just that there is no pain from eating or drinking, and I can't even tell which tooth it is, as the whole area feels weird. I have heard this is common with TMJ issues, but still, I am scared. I do not want to continue loosing more teeth, I feel like I deserve a break from all these dental issues for a while, for real! I am taking such good care of my mouth now, and I could probably write a book on home remedies for oral health, as I have done so much research and tried so many things in the past months.
Well, this is what is going on with me now. I am wondering if this weird feeling in my left upper jaw could indeed be from the TMJ. All other pain went away, but this strange pressure and full feeling, by my nostril, remains. I did also have this feeling in my ears for a few days and below my eyes, under the occipital ridge, but that is gone now, too.

Thankful for any insights and also suggestions for natural remedies to reliev TMJ symptoms? I have a prescription for muscle relaxants from the surgeon, but feel not sure whether I want to take these or not- maybe I could try and see if they help at all? Or maybe there is a natural alternative?

Thanks so much for all your help and advice :-)
Meera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Meera,

It is not that uncommon to have post op numbness or odd sensations in the tongue, lip, cheek, chin... for several days or weeks after having a dental injection in the posterior region of the lower jaw. This problem can also result from the extraction of a lower posterior tooth... especially a root canaled or infected tooth.

The fact that it has gone away is a good sign that the affected nerves have healed. There is no guarantee that it won't come back if another tooth in that area were to become infected or be extracted. But hopefully you will never have to worry about any of that again.

Bryanna
Meera Dasi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote