View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 07:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

As I feared the memory of the amnesic episode faded. I asked him if he spoke to the doctor yet, after he had the episode he was really clear and freaked out, knowing what he was saying and very insisting he needed the doctor.

Today he is back in the fog. He claims he talked to the doc and showed him "the list of questions" (there is no such list). He said "my question" was on the list (there is no "my question", he just wanted off the statin and not having to experience more of those scary attacks). When I asked what the questions were he said "Oh I don't have the list here right now". When I asked what the doc had said he said "The doctor will look into it". Look into what? He doesn't know. And I'm positive he never communicated with the doctor. He just guesses and tries to give me answers, but in reality he's just confabulating.

I wonder if it is OK to break off the friendship at this point. As his last friend in life. He will have no idea why that happened. It seems so cruel. But I'm really worn down, he keeps "promising" things on good days and then it just fades. The worse he is getting, the more help does he get from government, it seems like no one is looking into his ill health, they just assume that this is incurable, lets throw help at him. He has an aid coming home to him almost full time and does everything for him. He gets the help because he has mobility issues but in reality the aid is also thinking for him. It's sort of a big coverup. I want this insanity to stop, but I feel I have everything working against me.

IMO, this is as cruel as murdering a patient. But they seem to get away with it.
fadetoblack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote