View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 11:46 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Wink Lyrica withdrawl

Hey out there I am also a husband of a lyrica victim!! If quitting is appropriate for her ween her off very slowly as the withdrawal for some like my wife is very wicked!! It takes months of weening to do it successfully!!

Good Luck!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie love View Post
First of all I am trying to find out more information about the bad thin bad things of lyrica. My wife was diagnosed with chiari 1 malformation about 5yrs ago. Nothing was ever done because the doctor said that it just causes headaches. But she has had numbness in her hands and feet due to this illness. It has gotten a lot worse now since july 2014. Anyway she was rediagnosised and confirmed she had it.
Now the doctors have put her on lyrica 150 at night and 75 during the day. Ever since then in aug 2014 she has had dizzying spells, massive headaches, and it does not even touch her nerve pain. Plus she has thinking cognitive problems since on the lyrica, speech problems, when she is dizzy if she really does not concentrate on walking even when she is holding my arm to go into a store she will run into walls, door frames, isle corners, most of the time we go in her wheelchair because the pain and dizziness is unbearable to where she cannot walk at all.
Some of these problems are associated with her condition but have greatly increased since taking the lyrica. The weight gain had not been that bad but 15lbs is more than enough for her frame. Welbutrine had at least curbed anymore weight gain.

I would like any information possible from others that have had worsening side effects sinve on lyrica. And also the doctor haf her on a much higher dose amd it didn't help either, just made her sleep or a real grouchy loopy zombie.

Thank you for your time, God bless
rnl50000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (02-21-2015)