Thread: Bumped back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Desi, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I went through a similar experience last year at this time. By the time the pain clinic would see me, my RSD had spread from my foot up my leg above my knee. Little wonder the nerve blocks didn't work. Then they wanted to do a sympathectomy....I ran away and never went back. You are not alone in this medical nightmare. I don't know if this will help you at all but I'll put it out here for you to decide. When I reached the point that none of the usual RSD treatments had worked I didn't want to go back to the pain clinics for pain meds. So, I searched the RSD web sites and came across a place called The Arthritis Center which turned out to be 15 minutes from my home. Who would think a place with that name would treat RSD. I looked at their website and sure enough they specialize in treating all sorts of painful disorders especially RSD. I went and am so happy I did. They are great in trying any med you feel would be helpful. They are not afraid to give as much pain med as you need and they allow you to have control over what's being done to you, So, what I'm trying to say is, if you reach a point where pain clinics aren't working for you, there are other things out there. Many rheumatologists as well as physical medicine centers treat this condition as well. It took me a lot of searching to find them but they are out there. I know what you are going through and feel so bad. I wish there was something I could to to help. Please let me know how you make out. Jeannie
used to be is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote